Saturday, August 30, 2008

I know I just threw a lot at you in a short amount of time. You may find yourself asking what all of this means and what any of it has to do with me or mae or singularity. Let me try to explain as briefly as possible because the most important part of this story is still to come.

I said at the beginning that this is a puzzle. I am not sure what the finished picture is supposed to look like yet. All I know is that these are the pieces that landed in my lap and let me know that I was part of something bigger than myself and my own little world. This is the mystery I have been given to solve. Would you please help me?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Some mysteries are puzzles to be solved, others are just wonders to be marvelled at perhaps. Mostly, when I say this, I am thinking of God, I suppose.

Jacob said...

Exactly. What a beautiful mystery :)And what makes mysteries fun is the exploration. That is what I want this to evolve into. I love discussing the details of this mystery and gaining the insight of different perspectives from inside of this same story. I believe that we have the potential for a community here if we allow it happen organically out of a genuine desire to know God and appreciate the mystery.

Jecca said...

i am really loving the idea of this blog, though as you said, it's a lot to take in in such a short amount of time. i hope i do have the time soon to read all these posts. i am most energized about the prospect of unraveling this puzzle because Singularity has been the most difficult Mae album to understand, in my opinion. I love this album and have always seen it as another expression of what makes Mae Mae, but it hasn't come together for me in the way that I'd hoped it would.

Thank you for taking the time to really explain these sorts of things and connect with us on such a personal level.

Jacob said...

absolutely jecca, i wanted to wait for awhile before launching into something like this because it will help for readers to be familiar with the music and the art on your own terms before hearing what i have to say about any of it.
that being said, i am really excited to start this now :)