Thursday, September 25, 2008


What in the world is going on? I am blown away by the drastic nature of everything going on this week! Today was landmark in so many ways. The economy is obviously the star of the show. As we all try to wrap our minds around this massive bailout proposal, I am interested in hearing your thoughts. It seems like a radical shift is taking place and no one really understands the ramifications yet. Is this a good thing? Is this undermining the very principles of free market economies?
It will be awesome to see what the candidates have to say about all of this!
We are going to host a Debate viewing party at Bean There Cafe on Friday night. We will even play a few acoustic songs before the debates begin. Look out for an official announcement tomorrow.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I think it's a mess. I listened to Newt Gingrich last night talk about the current bail out. I have to admit I was impressed with his knowledge of the situation.

I figured that some point housing prices had to drop at least in some parts of the country. I was wondering what would happen when they did. Personally, I have always rejected the idea of a variable rate loan/balloon pymts., etc., as I don't want to be in the position to lose my house.

The situation is certainly crazy. I think we will recover in the short run.

Our economic situation wasn't bad before, although it has been tenuous for a long time. This didn't happen overnight - it probably won't be fixed overnight. But in America, it is the nature of the beast to delay the inevitable.

Melanie said...

O.K. I just have to know if you played Brink of Disaster. LOL

emily said...

thought this may interest you. i told zach to pass the link on to you, but just in case he forgets: http://allpossibleworlds.blogspot.com/
the main contributor (daniel) and i went to the same church in iowa. he's a grad student in philosophy at brown.